All our products are designed and developed in house. We have two category of products, namely overhead (vertical) and sidebeam (horizontal).
|Sensor Type||Height(m)||Width(m)||Environmnet||Cost Indicator||Interface||Traffic Volume||Flow Direction||Technology||Advantages||Disadvantages|
|Thur-beam||1-2||40||Indoor & Outdoor***||*(low)||Wired||Low-medium||Single||Active IR Beam in NIR range (850-940 nm), the break of IR line will trigger a count.||Lowest cost, large entrance coverage with a single IR beam||Accuracy drops if more than one people walk simultaneously, it counts as one only|
|Proximity||1-2||6||Indoor||*(low)||Wired||Low-medium||Single||Active IR Beam in NIR range (850-940 nm), the reflection of IR beam will trigger a count.||Cheaper installation cost due to one side only compared to Thru-beam||Lower range, accuracy drops if more than one people walk simultaneously, it counts as one only|
|Thermal||1.8-3||1-16||Indoor||** (medium)||Wired||Low-high||Bi-directional||Passive FIR (4-14 um), using proprietary counting algorithm.||Cheap overhead sensor, operate in total darkness, much higher accuracy than horizontal sensors||Indoor only|
|Camera||1.6-8||1-25||Indoor & Outdoor||*** (medium)||Wired / Wireless||Low-high||Bi-directional||Visible light spectrum (400 nm- 700 nm), using proprietary counting algorithm.||Cheap overhead sensor, greater flexibility in drawing counting zones||Cannot operate in total darkness, need visible light.|
|IR Overhead||2-3||2-16||Indoor||*** (medium)||Wired||Low-high||Single||Active IR (850- 940 nm), based on reflection of IR from nearby objects||Cheap overhead sensor, operate in total darkness, accurate.||Need to install multiple IR Overhead sensor to cover a wider entrance|
*** For thru-beam outdoor, the entrance coverage is only limited to 20 m.
Sidebeam People Counting system uses infra-red beam (850nm to 940 nm) to detect and count people. We have two types of sidebeam sensor, Thru-beam sensor and Proximity Sensor.
Thru-beam Sensor is a simple infra-red line break counting system where a transmitter send out infra-red pulses to the receiver. Anyone who block the infra-red line will then trigger a count. Our algorithm has perfected over the years so that it is not subjected to noise and interference with our advanced filtering and counting algorithm.
1) Cost Effective - cheapest people counting sensor.
2) Can work in all lighting conditions and complete darkness.
3) Not affected by spotlight due to our advance filtering design.
4) With built-in anti misalignment algorithm, no more misalignment and auto-counting, aka, high count.
5) Blocking alarm - if something or someone is blocking the beam or someone use stickers to block the IR beam, it will trigger an alarm and stored in the databased.
6) Sensor status - it will trigger and log into the database if the sensor is disconnected, blocked or otherwise.
7) Wide entrance coverage, upto 40m (indoor) and 2m outdoor.
1) Only count as one if two or more people walk at the same time (breaking the beam at the same time), thus accuracy may be lower than overhead sensors for medium and high traffic.
Very similar to Thru-beam sensor, except that both transmitter and receiver are on the same side. This arrangement make the installation easier and sometime the thru-beam sensor cannot be installed due to space and design (eg glass door) limitation, and proximity sensor or overhead sensor might be the only solution that is practical.
1) Easier installation
1) Accuracy same as Thru-Beam Sensor.
2) Narrower entrance coverage upto 6m only
Overhead People Counting System (Vertical Sensors)
We have developed few types of overhead sensors. Overhead sensors shared a common characteristic, it is installed vertically and thus the name of overhead sensors. Since it is installed vertically, multiple people passing at the same time will not block (no occlusion), and thus the counting accuracy is much higher than horizontal (sidebeam sensors) sensors.
Thermal Overhead Sensor
This type of sensor uses a thermal sensor to sense the heat radiation emitted from a nearby human (hot object). It can work completed in the darkness since it is not detecting visible light but passive infra-red (not NIR) from hot objects, i.e., humans.
1) Work in complete darkness, not affected by lighting variation and shadows.
2) Higher accuracy than sidebeam sensors due to no occlusion.
3) Small, trendy design, suitable for retail stores.
4) Relatively cheaper than other overhead sensors.
1) Height is limited to less than 3.5m only
2) Indoor only
Application: Retail shops at shopping malls, indoor shopping centre are using this type of sensors.
Advanced Camera Sensor
This sensor using a CMOS sensor for capturing visible light spectrum and using complicated image processing technique (proprietary to BlueGlobin) that can detect a human reliably. Conventional camera people counting system using the so-called background subtraction algorithm which always susceptible to light illumination changes and shadows, which our proprietary algorithm will make use of advance image processing technique, and thus will not suffer from light illumination issues.
1) Large coverage area with its very wide angle lens, 1 sensor can cover a typical retail store.
2) Heat maps reporting - the sensor will give you the heat maps, to represent which area is the most populated and most visited.
3) Can work indoor or outdoor
Cannot work in complete darkness since the camera still need some lighting to detect the presence of human.
IR overhead sensor utilize the near infra-red spectrum (850nm-940nm) which is invisible to human eye. The IR overhead which mounted vertically actively send our infra-red pulses and if a human is beneath the detection zone, the infra-red will then bounce off and receive by the IR receiver. The IR overhead sensor has limited width coverage, typically only 0.3m at 2.5m height, thus may require a few IR overhead sensor to cover a large entrance.
1) Active IR, can operate in total darkness and not suspectible to lighting or shadows.
2) Cheap overhead sensor.
1) Require a few IR overhead sensors to cover a large entrance.
2) Indoor only